What is Instant Pot Butter Chicken?
Butter Chicken is a popular Indian curry. It is called “Makhan murg.” There are a lot of butter chicken recipes on the internet. But they are all spicy or include spices that you do not know about. However, this Instant Pot butter chicken recipe uses simple ingredients which are available in every kitchen. The dish is cooked using an instant pot in a tomato gravy which makes it rich and creamy. Add butter and cream for a rich taste.
It is a family-friendly delicious recipe served with homemade naan. It is also healthy to eat at the same time. The good thing about making it in an instant pot is you don’t have to spend a lot of time cooking it. It is also very easy to make at the same time. So, let’s get ready to make the best instant pot butter chicken recipe that you will ever taste:
Instant Pot Butter Chicken Ingredients
Spices: Cumin, Paprika, Salt, Turmeric.
Chicken: Chicken thighs or chicken breast.
Aromatics: Fresh ginger and garlic.
Whipped cream and water for the gravy. You can also substitute cream with coconut cream.
Tomato: Tomatoes in the form of tomato puree can be used for the sauce base of this dish.
Unsalted Butter: For controlling sodium intake.
Parsley or Coriander: For garnishing at the end.
How to Cook the Delicious Instant Pot Butter Chicken?
- 3 Tbsp Butter (Unsalted)
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger minced or paste
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp coriander ground
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 lbs chicken thighs boneless and skinless cut into pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- Turn on your Instant Pot and set it to Sauté Setting.
- Put butter and cook until it is melted. Add garlic, ginger and sauté for a minute or two until it becomes aromatic. Avoid cooking it for long so that you don’t end up burning it.
- Now aa tomato paste and puree to the instant pot and stir for a while. Put all the spices into the mixture and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add chicken thighs and water. Stir the mixture and add more water to cover the chicken in the pot.
- Close the instant pot lid and set the instant pot to the poultry setting for 5 minutes.
- Wait for the natural release of the instant pot. It normally takes 10 minutes. You can also follow the manufacturer’s guide if you are in a hurry. Unlock the lod carefully and remove the lid from the instant pot.
- Switch the instant pot again to saute setting and remove the lid. Now add the whipping cream and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally and wait until the sauce thickens. Wait until the sauce reduces.
- Turn off the instant pot when the sauce has reduced and turned into a gravy looking liquid. Garnish with fresh coriander or parsley.
- Serve with rice or naan.
Why Choose Instant Pot Butter Chicken For Family Dinners or Lunches?
Instant pot Butter chicken is a great delicious dish to serve at lunch or dinner to family and friends. It is incredibly fast and easy to make at the same time. You don’t need any fancy ingredients or equipment. Just regular everyday spice with some whipped cream and chicken would do the job. You also don’t need to marinate the chicken. The intense pot pressure would automatically tenderize the chicken and absorb all the spices.
Last but not the least, avoid turning your chicken to brown color while cooking it. The addition of cream and butter automatically makes it tender and tasty.
More Instant Pot Dishes Here: